Peshawar Mosque Blast: At least seven people were martyred and more than 112 were injured in an explosion in the main hall of a madrassa adjacent to a mosque on Kohat Road in Peshawar’s Dir Colony on Tuesday 27 October 2020 in the early morning. NACTA issued a threat alert on 22 october 2020 that a Pakistani Taliban plan includes the assassination of high-profile political personalities through a well-articulated bomb blast/suicide bombing in near future,” NACTA told security agencies in its letter.

 

Peshawar Mosque Blast

Police, security forces and rescue teams rushed to the scene as soon as the blast was reported in Madrassa at around 8 or 9 am.

According to an eyewitness, the second period was about to start in the madrassa when suddenly there was an explosion among the students sitting in the hall. At the time of the explosion, twelve hundred people were present in the madrassa while the madrassa Sheikh Sahib was safe.

72 injureds were shifted to the Lady Reading Hospital in Peshawar while 36 injured were shifted to Naseerullah Babar Memorial Hospital, 2 injured to Khyber Teaching Hospital and 2 to Hayatabad Medical Complex.

A spokesman for the Lady Reading Hospital (LRH) said seven bodies and 72 injured people had been taken to the hospital.

According to the spokesman, there are no children among the martyrs. The ages of the martyrs are between 20 and 30 years but 4 children have been injured.

A spokesman for the LRH said most of the injured were burnt and several were in critical condition. On the other hand, rescue sources said that 19 children studying in the madrassa were injured in the blast.

 

Karachi is on High Alert

The Sindh IG issued an alert for the provincial police after seven people were martyred in an explosion in Peshawar’s Dir Colony on Tuesday.

The IG said that police patrolling, picketing and snap checking should be made more efficient.

SPs, DSPs, and SHOS have been instructed to become more alert.

He said strict security measures should be put in place outside mosques, imambargahs and other areas.

 

Police statement

The blast was caused by a time bomb: Peshawar police

According to SSP Operations, the blast was carried out by a time bomb while the explosives were brought to the madrassa in a bag. The incident is being further investigated but it appears that the blast was carried out in a very systematic manner.

He added that 5 to 6 kg of explosives were used in the blast, adding that they were trying to get CCTV footage.

The Chief Minister convened a meeting on the security situation

The provincial minister for culture said that Chief Minister KP Mehmood Khan had strongly condemned the blast and convened a high-level meeting on the security situation.

 

Footage and Photos

peshawar mosque blastRahimullah Haqqani, the head of Madrassa Zubairiyyah

 

peshawar mosque blastpeshawar blastpeshawar mosque blastpeshawar blast

 

https://twitter.com/Aminurrasheedk1/status/1320968233957101568

https://twitter.com/drkhaanns/status/1321008781770317824

Condemnation Statements

 

Read ‘Just like posts on Holocaust’: Pakistani PM Khan calls on Facebook to ban all ‘ISLAMOPHOBIC’ content

 

We will update you as soon as we see new developments, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook