Instagram on Wednesday announced “Instagram Reels” a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram. It is similar to TikTok or not? in this article we will cover the feature and pros. From Instagram’s Reels, you can create fun videos and share it with friends or anyone on Instagram. you can record and edit 15 seconds multi-clip videos of course with the audio feature, effects, and creative tools. Reels launching in more than 50 countries today, including the US, UK, Australia, and others on both Android and IOS.
How Instagram Reels Work?
Yes, Reels looks similar to TikTok but with many new features, and its all on your favorite platform Instagram and It’s not hard to use Reels, it’s super easy and I will tell you how. Go to your Instagram App and select Reels at the bottom of Instagram’s camera. there you will get editing tools such as audio effects.
Reels in Explore showcases the best of trending culture on Instagram. Discover an entertaining selection of reels made by anyone on Instagram, in a personalized vertical feed. You’ll also see some Reels with a Featured label.
According to Instagram, “If your reel is featured in Explore, you’ll receive a notification. Featured reels are a selection of public reels chosen by Instagram to help you discover original content we hope will entertain and inspire you.”
Instagram Reels Features
Reels consists of five important features.
- Audio: You can search for a song from the music library of Instagram but if you don’t want to use a music library then you can use your audio. it’s simple now you have an audio, you can create reels with your audio by selecting “Use Audio” from your reel.
- AR Effects: the second feature is AR Effects, created by Instagram and Creators, from this option you can record multiple videos with different effects. So this feature will come handy for the Creators.
- Timer and Countdown: This is a third feature of the Reels, set your time to record your clips, click press record and you will see a reverse countdown timer i.e 3-2-1.
- Align: Line up objects from your previous clip before recording your next to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new friends into your reel.
- Speed: Choose to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected. This can help you stay on a beat or make slow-motion videos.
TikTok may be banned in the US and it is banned in India and so Reels will be used by many Creators and public figures no doubt because the features are similar to TikTok and creators needs similar platforms like TikTok.
Instagram Policy Questions with Head of Instagram Communications APAC
This is an Exclusive Story covered by DJ Kamal Mustafa (EMEA TRIBUNE) for the viewers, Public Figures, Celebrities, and General Public. “Instagram Policy Questions with the Head of Instagram Communications APAC Ms. Ching Yee Wong.” also covering Instagram Verification, Instagram Policy & Fact Checker.
This Story was not possible without Facebook & Instagram Policy Communications Team support, I am highly grateful to the Policy Manager Kate Hayes, Ching Yee wong Instagram Communications, Amy Sawitta Facebook Communications & Head of Policy Asia Pacific & China Mr. Ben McConaghy.
Instagram is an American photo and video sharing social networking site owned by Facebook, millions of users use Instagram daily from sharing videos and photos to connect with fans and celebrities. The Instagram team works hard to provide consumers a better platform to connect with people. Bad actors, spammers, scammers, and hate-mongers do exist but the Artificial Intelligence system detects them and removes it from their platform in no time.
If you are on Instagram then make sure you follow the Instagram Community Standards and read the Instagram Policy first and save yourself from bad actors and save your accounts too. For the convenience of the Instagram users, EMEA TRIBUNE has asked a few questions from the Instagram Communications team Head Ms. Ching and received the answers of all questions.
Instagram Policy Enforcement Questions from EMEA TRIBUNE & Answers from Head of the Instagram Communications team Ms.Ching Yee Wong
My first question on Instagram Policy was with the Instagram team on about fake news shared by the consumers and how to tackle and report it:
Q) How Does Instagram enforce their policies on consumers account who shared fake news and what is the easiest way to report the fake news?
Answer from Instagram Communications Team on Instagram Policy:
A) Trust and safety on Instagram are very important to us. At Instagram, we’re committed to reducing the spread of false information. Says Ching Yee Wong (head over to the link) https://about.fb.com/news/2018/05/hard-questions-false-news/
False news is a tool which is used by those who want to gain economic or political gains, spammers used it for driving traffic or making a profit. Facebook & Instagram Remove accounts and content that violate the Community Standards or ad policies, Although false news does not violate Facebook Community Standards, it often violates Instagram and Facebook polices in other categories, such as spam, hate speech, or fake accounts.
To report the fake news on Instagram to go to post >> click on three dots >> report >> its inappropriate >> false news.
Q) Does Instagram have a fact-checking system just like Facebook?
A) Ms. Ching Yee Wong said We work with 45 third-party fact-checkers across the globe who are certified through the non-partisan International Fact-Checking Network to help identify, review, and label false information.
How fact-checker works see below:
- Instagram work with 45 fact-checking certified partners, then the third party fact-checkers identify false information on Instagram, we make it harder to find by filtering it from Explore and Hashtags, and reducing its visibility in Feed and Stories.
- Instagram image detection technology to find content that has been debunked by Facebook’s third-party fact-checking program on Instagram. which means once Instagram finds this content, they filter it from hashtags to explore.
- The misinformation which spreads on Facebook is different on Instagram since there’s no re-share button like the one that exists on Facebook and no capability to share clickable links in Feed posts.
Head of Instagram Policy Communications team Ms. Ching Yee Wong further added
Ching Yee Wong said We are also working on additional measures to reduce Instagram-specific misinformation, including surfacing this content to our third-party fact-checkers. We also block millions of fake accounts at registration daily as We’re also constantly working to improve our technology in this area to keep this kind of content off of Instagram.
The third question is very common I always hear from celebrities that “how to purchase verification, how to get Instagram Verification, how to increase the fan following, can increasing followers or likes by any means will increase a chance for verification?” this is for those who are engaging themselves with illegal activities read below what the Instagram Communication team has to say about Buying Likes or Followers or Verified Badges.
Q) How easy it is to report the fake verification badges? Regarding this link https://help.instagram.com/461238577687001, it is mentioned by Instagram that “Buying/Selling Instagram Verification badges & Instagram Verification services & Attempt to verify your account through a third party is prohibited so what will be the Instagram response?
A) It’s against Instagram’s Community Guidelines and Instagram Policy to purchase likes, followers, and verified badges, and we actively discourage this type of activity.
See our community guidelines here, specifically this section: Help us stay spam-free by not artificially collecting likes, followers, or shares, posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
Head of Instagram Communications team Ms. Ching Yee Wong further added
- Our systems examine thousands of account attributes and focus on detecting behaviors that are very difficult for bad actors to fake, including their connections to others on our platform.
- The Instagram anti-spam system runs a million checks per second to catch and remove bad content and affiliated accounts before they ever reach you on Instagram.
- Fraudulent activity is bad for everyone including business and consumers on our platform, Most people rarely come into contact with spam or other low-quality content on Instagram but we are working hard to make our service better.
- Instagram abuse-fighting team builds and constantly updates a combination of automated and manual systems that help us catch suspicious activity at various points of interaction on the site.
Short Summary of Instagram Policy and conclusion
As everyone understands now that how they enforce their policies on everyone, they do not discriminate between celebrities and consumers, Instagram’s system is transparent and that is why you will see no spammers, no fraudsters, no bad actors and no terrorism content.
Things not to do on Instagram
- Never engage with anyone who claims Instagram Verification or if they claims to verify your Instagram account beware do not respond them, they can not verify you, only Instagram can verify and it all depends on Instagram Operations team and if Instagram finds you engaging with someone who sells verified badge then your account will be terminated, in case if you are verified then your badge and account will be removed. If you see any accounts which you think are fake then report the handle and the Instagram system will detect it.
- Never respond spammers if you see any, filter it and flag it and report it, never click on any links sent by bad actors.
- Don’t purchase artificial likes, followers, and never engage with any company that claims to send you millions of followers. always grow your presence from a genuine way such as hashtag. (For example) if you are sharing a cooking recipe on Instagram and you want Instagram users to like your post then always use a hashtag within your post such as #Cooking #Dish #CookingRecipe #Cook #Chef #Food #Cookingathome #Dinner etc and by doing this you will get genuine like from the Instagram users.
- Don’t share false news to gain popularity on the post, If the fact-checker program finds your post as “False News” then you might be in trouble.
Thanks to the
Instagram Communications Team for APAC Head Ms. Ching Yee Wong
Facebook Communications Team Head APAC Ben McConaghy
Facebook Communications Team APAC Amy Sawitta
Facebook Policy Communication Manager APAC Kate Hayes
Read this exclusive story on Zohra Shah
Great feature for users who use Instagram on internet browsers
Great feature for users who use Instagram on internet browsers. Social Sharing Photo Sharing Website and Mobile Application Instagram Introducing New Features for Consumers.
San Francisco: Facebook-owned Insta total monthly active users are more than 1 billion and millions of people use Instagram daily to share photos, videos with people around the world.
The company announced that the new feature would allow users to send a message to their Insta friends even using an Internet browser.
The company says users around the world can use the Direct Message feature message in the Web Desktop version.
Instagram also shared a video explaining how to use the feature.
The video states that open Insta and log in with your ID on an Internet browser.
After that, the arrow will appear in the Home icon next to the right, when the user clicks on it, a direct message window will open.
The IDs and their sent messages will be seen here on the right. The user should send his message by clicking on the friend to whom the message should be sent.
According to the technology watchdog, the company started work on this feature earlier this year and was later introduced for testing, which revealed some flaws.
The direct message allows users to chat as a group and using this feature they can send pictures to their friends.
Read more on https://emeatribune.uk
Workplace by Facebook | What is it & Why Big Companies are Using it?
Workplace by Facebook is a leading connectivity platform, a Workplace is a Communication tool for a company and business. The...
Facebook vs Twitter, Who Made Progress in Fighting Hate Speech?
Facebook vs Twitter who made the progress in fighting Hate Speech? you will get to know in this Article of...
Breaking: Facebook Removes 100’s of QAnon Group Accounts
Facebook Removes Accounts (Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior). Facebook is known for transparency and protecting users from bad actors. Today May 5,...
You May Like
Instagram Reels new Feature of Instagram will make you forget TikTok
Instagram on Wednesday announced “Instagram Reels” a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram. It is...
Twitter Hack: Employees were involved? Jeff, Apple, Biden Twitter Accounts Hacked
Twitter Accounts Hacked: Complete Investigation with Evidence on Twitter Hack: After an investigation it is proved that Twitter Employees were...
Stefan Molyneux Controversial Podcaster Has Been Suspended From Twitter
Stefan Molyneux is a Canadian controversial podcaster, a white nationalist whose Twitter account has been suspended permanently for violating...
Ted Cruz Joins Parler Big Blow To Twitter And Jack Dorsey
Ted Cruz Parler Update: Ted Cruz joins Parler, Ted is an American politician, US Senator & attorney serving as the...
Katie Hopkins joined Parler after permanently suspended from Twitter
Katie Hopkins has now joined Parler as she was permanently suspended from Twitter. Read more about Katie Hopkins Parler Update...
Instagram Policy Questions with Head of Instagram Communications APAC
This is an Exclusive Story covered by DJ Kamal Mustafa (EMEA TRIBUNE) for the viewers, Public Figures, Celebrities, and General...
Black Lives Matter
Amy Cooper is charged for calling Police on Black Bird Watcher
Central Park birdwatching incident: Amy Cooper is charged by the Police for filing a false report, The Incident happened in...
What is Juneteenth day? And How to Celebrate Juneteenth Day
Many of you don’t know about Juneteenth and many people ask me What is Juneteenth day? so in this short...
Rayshard Brooks was killed by an Atlanta Police officer
Killing of Rayshard Brooks: Rayshard Brooks Shooting: Rayshard Brooks was an unarmed black man 27 years old, he was sleeping...
Lakeith Smith sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder
Lakeith Smith Story: Lakeith Smith is an Alabama teen, he was sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder...
Ahmaud Arbery 25 years old African American man Killed in Georgia
Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery: Ahmaud Arbery was an unarmed 25 years old African-American man, he was killed near Brunswick in...
WORLD1 month ago
RT scoops International Emmy Awards nomination for its coverage of Moscow’s deadly 2019 Superjet crash
Twitter6 months ago
Twitter Verification Process is a Biased
Parler5 months ago
What is Parler? A Twitter Alternative? Is Parler Effective?
Facebook6 months ago
Facebook Invests $100M To Help Journalists Hit By Coronavirus: Report
PAKISTAN6 months ago
Karachi electronics markets to reopen on Thursday: Rizwan Irfan
Twitter6 months ago
Twitter removes Brazilian President’s tweets
WORLD1 day ago
Microsoft buys parent company of ‘Elder Scrolls’ studio Bethesda Softworks for $7.5 BILLION
WORLD12 hours ago
100+ tons of garbage washed up on idyllic Caribbean beach in Honduras after anti-waste barrier failure in Guatemala (VIDEOS)