Connect with us

Published

on

India’s military has announced that it successfully tested its first indigenous anti-radiation missile intended for use by the Indian Air Force (IAF) in the latest series of military hardware trials.

The country test-fired its New Generation Anti-Radiation Missile ‘Rudram’ from a Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter jet at an integrated test range near Balasore in the Bay of Bengal on Friday. Developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), the Rudram 1 radar-neutralizing missile was launched from a Russian-designed Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter jet.

“With this, the country has established indigenous capability to develop long-range, air-launched, anti-radiation missiles for neutralizing enemy radars, communication sites and other radio frequency emitting targets,” the DRDO said. 

#WATCH: ‘Rudram’ Anti-Radiation Missile fired from a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft off the east coast.The missile, developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation, was test-fired successfully today and is the country’s first indigenous Anti Radiation missile for IAF. pic.twitter.com/qVDT3gdqEN

— ANI (@ANI) October 9, 2020

Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh tweeted support for the DRDO, calling the test a “remarkable achievement.”

The New Generation Anti-Radiation Missile (NGARM) is reportedly capable of hitting targets up to 250km away, depending on the launch height. The missile has a launch speed of up to Mach 2 and will be integrated with the IAF’s sizeable fleet of Sukhoi Su-30MKIs. The missile is equipped with a passive homing head that can detect a wide range of frequencies. 

The New Generation Anti-Radiation Missile (Rudram-1) which is India’s first indigenous anti-radiation missile developed by @DRDO_India for Indian Air Force was tested successfully today at ITR,Balasore. Congratulations to DRDO & other stakeholders for this remarkable achievement.

— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) October 9, 2020

A senior government official told the Hindustan Times that the successful tests represented a great step forward for India to enhance its defense capabilities. 

The IAF will now have the capability to perform SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense) operations deep in enemy territory to destroy adversaries’ air-defense setups

Friday’s trial comes just days after the DRDO carried out another major test of a Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART) system. Earlier this month, India tested the 700km range surface-to-surface supersonic ‘Shaurya’ strategic missile, while in September it tested an indigenously-de

With its first international news channel launched in 2005, RT is now a global, round-the-clock news network of eight TV channels, broadcasting news, current affairs, and documentaries, with digital platforms in six languages and RUPTLY video news agency. Round-the-clock news channels in English, Arabic, Spanish, and documentary channel RT Doc, in English and Russian, broadcast from Moscow, while RT America airs from Washington, RT UK from London, and RT France from Paris. Today, RT is available in more than 100 countries spanning five continents.

Click to comment

WORLD

Party pooper: Police in Berlin breaks up FETISH party for 600 guests amid widening coronavirus crackdown on nightlife

Published

on

By

party-pooper:-police-in-berlin-breaks-up-fetish-party-for-600-guests-amid-widening-coronavirus-crackdown-on-nightlife

Police have ruined what was slated to become a massive fetish party in downtown Berlin, swooping on the gathering as it was in full swing. Officers said that the participants were in violation of the Covid-19 restrictions.




Also on rt.com
Germany announces capacity to take Covid patients from abroad as cases soar across Europe



“For around 600 guests at a fetish party in Mitte [a central borough in Berlin], it probably ended unsatisfactorily,” police reported in a tongue-in-cheek message on Twitter late on Saturday. 

Local law enforcement pooled forces with the federal police to swoop on the party, which was taking place both inside and outside the venue. 

Apparently, not all the revellers took the notice immediately, with Berlin police saying that their colleagues from the federal law enforcement were forced to “make it clear again that it was time to go home.”

While it’s unclear if the event was official, and if any tickets or invitations had been distributed in advance, the organizer of the party is expected to be served with a complaint, Der Tagespiegel reported, citing police.

Police, which have ramped up its onslaught on those violating the coronavirus restrictions during night hours, accused the party goers of running afoul of hygiene measures imposed to stem the spread of the disease.

The revellers reportedly did not wear masks and failed to follow social distancing guidelines, with too many of them congregating in far too narrow a space. 

Not all the netizens, however, were not in a hurry to take police allegations at face value, with some quick-witted commentators arguing that they can hardly imagine a “fetish party” without such a befitting accessoire as a face mask.

“Masks are certainly worn at fetish party,” a commenter said.

“A fetish party without masks?” another quipped.

Some, however, took the incident quite seriously, suggesting that merely sending the offenders home is not enough of a punishment.

“Just go home? Hopefully after the personal details have been established,” one commenter said, responding to the police statement.

“People have been practicing social distancing for months, avoiding meetings with friends and family – and then seeing this horde of “lacquer” monkeys … unbelievable,” another charged.

Up to 1,000 people can gather for public events held indoors in Berlin, provided they follow social distancing and hygiene rules. The number of participants at outdoor events is capped at 5,000.




Also on rt.com
Сoronavirus situation in Germany ‘has become very serious,’ as Berlin declares 4 European states ‘risk regions’



At the same, there are no limits on the number of people allowed at religious gatherings or protests. Face masks are compulsory if more than 100 people are expected to turn out at a rally,

Continue Reading

WORLD

2nd French mayor threatened with BEHEADING in the wake of teacher’s brutal murder by ‘Islamic terrorist’

Published

on

By

2nd-french-mayor-threatened-with-beheading-in-the-wake-of-teacher’s-brutal-murder-by-‘islamic-terrorist’

A second French mayor has apparently been threatened with “beheading” just days after the gruesome murder of a schoolteacher over cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed. The ominous threat was sprayed on the walls of a school in Lyon.

“The mayor of the 8th, we’ll behead your head [sic],” the graffiti read, referring to the eighth district of Lyon and its elected official, Olivier Berzane. Unambiguous threats were also made to cut off the heads of teachers and students.

Mayor Berzane said he has already filed a criminal complaint over the offensive messages, vowing to pursue those who wrote them, as “no one takes these threats lightly.”

“It is out of the question to let such an act go unpunished. It is necessary to find the perpetrators,” Berzane told local media.

These words are disconcertingly stupid and unspeakable. It’s pure hatred. Is it an isolated act of someone not knowing what to do with their evening, or a serious threat? Anyway, it’s a case of extreme violence.

While the threats might have been, as Berzane suggested, an “isolated act,” they came only a day after the mayor of Bron, near Lyon, received a similar warning. The graffiti in that case also threatened the town’s elected official with beheading. Mayor Jérémie Bréaud denounced the “violent writing,” and France’s Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin directed the police to “take legal action and provide protection.”




Also on rt.com
French mayor threatened with ‘decapitation’ a week after schoolteacher’s brutal murder



This series of threats against local politicians comes a week after Samuel Paty, a schoolteacher in the Parisian suburb

Continue Reading

WORLD

Ethiopia denounces Trump for INCITING WAR by saying Egypt will ‘BLOW UP’ disputed Blue Nile dam project

Published

on

By

ethiopia-denounces-trump-for-inciting-war-by-saying-egypt-will-‘blow-up’-disputed-blue-nile-dam-project

US President Donald Trump’s comment that Egypt will “blow up” a disputed dam that Ethiopia is building on the Blue Nile has sparked an outcry in Addis Ababa, where the government is calling the statement an “incitement to war.”

Ethiopian Foreign Minister Gedu Andargachew summoned US Ambassador Michael Raynor for clarification on Saturday, a day after Trump spoke in the Oval Office about Ethiopia’s $4.6 billion hydroelectric dam project.




Also on rt.com
Sudan to join White House-brokered peace deal with Israel after call with US



The project has created a “very dangerous situation,” said Trump, because one of the country’s downstream neighbors, Egypt, which relies on the Nile and its tributaries for most of its irrigation and drinking water, “is not going to be able to live that way.”

The president’s comments came during a ceremony marking a peace deal between Israel and with Sudan, which is also downstream. “They’ll end up blowing up the dam,” Trump said of Egypt. “And I said it and I say it loud and clear – they’ll blow up the dam. And they have to do something.”

Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed said his country won’t cave in to “belligerent threats.” He added that Ethiopia is committed to talks led by the African Union on resolving disputes over the allocation of the Nile’s waters, and he has seen “significant progress” in negotiations. Known as the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD), the project is billed by Addis Ababa as a way to bring millions of Ethiopians out of poverty.

Given such high stakes, Trump was wading into a fraught situation. “The incitement of war between Ethiopia and Egypt from a sitting US president neither reflects the longstanding partnership and strategic alliance between Ethiopia and the United States, nor is acceptable in international law governing interstate relations,” Andargachew said on Saturday.

The Trump administration, which previously tried unsuccessfully to broker an agreement to resolve the GERD dispute, last month announced it was suspending some of its financial aid to Ethiopia after the North African nation started filling the dam’s reservoir.




Also on rt.com
Ethiopia starts filling dam ‘unilaterally’ as Sudan reports drop in Blue Nile water levels



Egyptian officials have accused Trump of showing favoritism to Egypt and its president, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi. “Sorry to say, but the man doesn’t have a clue on what he is talking about,” former Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn said on Saturday. “Ethiopia and Ethiopians will never be threatened by such an

Continue Reading

Facebook Trending

You May Like

Black Lives Matter

Trending