Facebook vs Twitter who made the progress in fighting Hate Speech? you will get to know in this Article of Facebook Transparency Report With the additional inputs from Mr. Guy Rosen VP of Integrity & The European Commission. Guy Rosen is a Facebook’s vice president of product management & site integrity manager.
Have you read my this story? https://emeatribune.uk/instagram-policy-questions-with-head-of-instagram-communications-apac/
Facebook is a transparent platform the policies of Facebook is better than other social media site such as Twitter, Facebook regularly publishes reports to give our community visibility into community standards enforcement, government requests and internet disruptions. Facebook doesn’t allow hate speeches on their platform including Instagram, they have a strict policy on that. but on other hand on Twitter you will see terrorist accounts, hate mongers, rapists, and anti-government and anti-religious accounts but you won’t able to see those accounts on Facebook and this is my personal experience, that is why I said in the beginning that “Facebook Policies are far better than any other” and here “other” means Twitter.
- Facebook has tripled the size of teams working in safety and security since 2016 to over 35,000 people
- Facebook teams review reports of hate speech 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Company has also invested heavily in Artificial Intelligence Technology to proactively detect hate speech in more languages
Facebook has invested in new technologies and improves the system to find hate speech content and remove them from their platform. According to the Facebook Vice President of Integrity, Mr. Guy Rosen “We release transparency reports every six months to share our progress with the General Public so the people can see where and what we are doing and how we are protecting our users.” Mr. Guy Rosen further said “Not every company does this, but we think it’s important to be transparent about how we’re doing and allow people to hold us accountable. ”
Guy Rosen says, Facebook had signed the European Commission’s code of conduct on countering illegal hate speech online which means the European Commission runs independent tests regularly and sees which company who had been signed the code of conduct is removing the content quickly and effectively. Last week’s fifth report has been published by the European Commission which you can read by going to this link. According to the report Facebook is reviewing reports of hate speech faster than before and removing hate speech content efficiently and transparently.
The European Commission Report on Facebook vs Twitter
Notifications of illegal hate speech Facebook vs Twitter
According to the report, Facebook received the largest amount of notifications which is 2348 while Twitter only received 1396. A total of 4364 notifications were submitted to the IT companies taking part in the Code of Conduct. (This data is of 6 weeks from 4 November to 13 December 2019).
Time of assessment of notifications of Facebook vs Twitter
According to the report, Facebook assessed notifications in less than 24 hours in 95.7% of the cases and 3.4% in less than 48 hours while Twitter 76.6% and 8.7%, respectively. so the winner trophy of the Time of assessment also goes to Facebook.
Removal rates of Facebook vs Twitter
71 percent of the content removed by the IT Companies but 29 percent remained online. According to the report, Facebook removed 87.6% of the content which means Facebook remove hate speech and other violations in 24 hours with an average of 88 percent, while Twitter, as usual, is on the second position but on removing the content Twitter stands nowhere yes I repeat Twitter stands nowhere. The European Commission report says Facebook made further progress on removals compared to last year while Twitter is not in target and the removal rate is lower than in 2019.
EMEA TRIBUNE can prove it just now by giving you two examples so you can understand better
1) Five terrorist attacks on Pakistan Rangers Sindh (Law Enforcement Agency) in June 2020, a responsibility of this attack was made through two Twitter accounts and none is suspended even tho Twitter has verified the chairman of the banned terrorist organization last year. I would like to mention here that the banned terrorist organization is a Global Terrorist Organization designated by the US Department of Justice and the Government of Pakistan. thousands of people were reporting to Twitter to take down the account who has not only claiming the responsibility but vows to kill more law enforcement officers but as usual, Twitter did nothing.
2) On Monday 29, June 2020 4 terrorists attacked the building of the Pakistan Stock Exchange, fortunately, the terrorist attack was foiled by the law enforcement agency but 4 security personnel were martyred and 4 terrorists also died by the Agencies in 8 minutes. According to the BBC banned terrorist organization BLA has claimed the responsibility of terrorist attack on Twitter, an account had shared the images of attackers and vows to kill more people. Twitter took 24 hours to suspend the account but still many accounts are still active of that group.
Feedback to users and transparency Facebook vs Twitter
Facebook Transparency Report: On average, the IT companies responded with a feedback to 67.1% of the notifications received. This is slightly higher than in the previous monitoring exercise (65.4%). According to the report, Only Facebook is informing users systematically (93.7% of notifications received feedback) while Twitter stand nowhere in front of Facebook
Facebook Response on the European Commission Report
Vice President of Integrity Mr. Guy Rosen is delightedly said in a blog post
European Commission Vice President Vera Jourova and Commissioner Didier Reynders recognized our progress in fighting hate speech on our platform, and we will continue to develop new tools and invest in technology to detect and remove it.
Facebook Director Miss. Leigh Thomas also said in a post
Really Proud to Read The European Commission Report”
Workplace by Facebook | What is it & Why Big Companies are Using it?
Workplace by Facebook is a leading connectivity platform, a Workplace is a Communication tool for a company and business. The workplace has now over 5 million paying users. in this news article, you will understand that how Workplace works, Workplace Pricing and What is Workplace and who are behind the success of it.
What is Workplace by Facebook and the Feature?
The workplace is owned by Facebook Inc, it was first announced on January 14, 2015. In beginning, it was launched as a “Beta” version, and later in December 2016, Facebook announced the official release of Workplace. It is a secure workspace for companies to connect with their employees if we say in short words then “Workplace connects everyone in your company even if they are working remotely.”
Small or big companies can use Workplace as it’s features are the same as Facebook such as ‘Newsfeed, Groups, Messages, Chat, Live Video, Audio Translate, and People directory.” According to the data around 30000 companies are using Workplace globally, Companies like retail, technology, telecommunications, financial services, media, entertainment, hospitality, food & beverage, transportation, real estate, utilities, shipping, and government.
Companies like Walmart, Royal Bank of Scotland, Virgin Atlantic, and many others are using the Workplace.
Few important features
- No ads which mean you won’t be disturbed by any ads when you use Workplace
- The support team will respond to your query in 24 hours
- Newsfeed to keep people up to date with relevant company announcements
- Groups for companies to share documents, videos and photos manage projects and work with colleagues
- Workplace chat is an instant messaging tool that allows text, voice calls or video conferencing and you can add up to 50 colleagues
- Broadcast live video from mobile devices
- Find colleagues, build connections, and collaborate more effectively with a searchable database of profiles customized to individual organizations
- Knowledge Library is a place to create, store and share static content like HR policies or working from home advice on desktop or mobile
- Reactions and Comments
- Pools a tool to get input from your employees into company decisions
- Surveys for companies
- Workplace data is stored across 12 Facebook-owned data centers, so you should not worry about data loss
- Effective for remote work
- Questions and Answers feature
- Screen sharing
- Very easy to use
- Free and Paid both versions
Workplace by Facebook Pricing
Essential version is a Free version and it is best for teams you can get the following feature in the free version.
- Workplace chat
- Group video calls
- 5 GB per person file storage
- Live video streaming
- Auto translate
- Mobile apps
- Tools for secure collaboration between companies
- Up to 50 groups
- Help Center and Customer Resource Center but not direct support from Workplace employees
Premium version comes in two flavors, Advanced & Enterprise.
Advanced cost $4 a month while Enterprise is $8 a month, you can learn about Workplace Pricing by going to this official link of Workplace.
Who are behind the Success of Workplace?
Julien joined Facebook in 2011 to manage the gaming team in Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA), in 2015 he became the Vice President of Workplace by Facebook. Under Julien’s leadership Workplace is serving more than 5 million paid users including big companies like Walmart, Booking, Spotify, Nestle, and many others.
Karandeep joined Facebook in 2015 as a Director of Facebook Infrastructure, he becomes the Vice President and Head of Workplace by Facebook in 2018. Mr. Anand works closely with Julien and handles the product team of the Workplace.
Jody joined Facebook in 2018 as a Global Head of Partnership Program, one of the key people who handle the Workplace team and partners very efficiently. Jody has overall responsibility for Partner Engagement, Relationship Management, Marketing Development inclusive of Demand Generation, and Operations.
Nazir joined Facebook in 2018 as a Head of Workplace by Facebook for EMEA (not for EMEA TRIBUNE :P) Europe Middle East Africa. Nazir is responsible for sales in EMEA, Account Management, and Customer Success, in short Nazir looks everything in these regions.
These are the key players who handle the Workplace very efficiently but this is not over yet, behind the success of Workplace still there are many more such as these.
- Ashish Uchil (Head of Customer Success (The Americas)
- Jason Singh (Head of Marketing in North America)
- Sara Martinez Lopez (Head of Workplace, handles Liberia, Italy & Middle East & Africa)
- Katie Cameron (Head of Global Operations)
I hope you have understood “What is Workplace by Facebook” and how to use it properly to engage with your colleagues and increase your sale. Now if you want to get a free trial of the Workplace then head over to this link and try “Workplace” for 30 days free.
Breaking: Facebook Removes 100’s of QAnon Group Accounts
Facebook Removes Accounts (Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior).
Facebook is known for transparency and protecting users from bad actors. Today May 5, 2020 Facebook says it has removed several groups, accounts and pages linked to QAnon conspiracy theory for violating the same rules against fake personas and inauthentic behavior used by government influence operations.
Facebook says on Tuesday May 5, 2020 that in April 2020 we removed eight networks of accounts, Pages and Groups. Two of them — from Russia and Iran — focused internationally (FGI), and the remaining six — in the US, Georgia, Myanmar and Mauritania — targeted domestic audiences in their respective countries (CIB) Coordinated inauthentic behavior. Facebook further added that we have shared this information with law enforcement and policy makers.
Facebook says it found the QAnon activity as part of its investigations into suspected coordinated inauthentic behavior ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
Sample post by group (Image credit Facebook).
Who is QAnon?
QAnon is a far-right conspiracy theory detailing a supposed secret plot by an alleged “deep state” against U.S. President Donald Trump and his supporters.The theory began with an October 2017 post on the anonymous imageboard 4chan by someone using the name Q, a presumably American individual, but probably later a group of people, claiming to have access to classified information involving the Trump administration and its opponents in the United States.
April 2020 Summary of Facebook Operation
Facebook removes accounts statistics:
Total Facebook accounts removed = 732
Total Instagram accounts removed = 162
Total Pages removed = 793
Total Groups removed = 200
NETWORKS REMOVED IN APRIL 2020:
- From Russia 46 Pages, 91 accounts, 2 groups and 1 Instagram account removed , According to investigation Facebook find this activity linked to individuals in Russia, the Donbass region in Ukraine and two media organizations in Crimea — NewsFront and SouthFront.
- From Iran 118 Pages, 389 , 27 groups and 6 Instagram accounts removed. According to Facebook investigation this activity linked to Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting Corporation.
- From US 5 Pages and 20 Facebook accounts and 6 groups were removed.
- In another operation 19 Pages, 15 Facebook accounts & 1 group from US removed, According to Facebook investigation this activity linked to VDARE, a website known for posting anti-immigration content, and individuals associated with a similar website The Unz Review.
- From Mauritania 11 Pages, 75 Facebook, and 90 Instagram account’s removed.
- From Myanmar Facebook removed 3 Pages, 18 Facebook accounts, and 1 Group. This domestic-focused network originated in Myanmar, According to Facebook investigation this activity linked to members of the Myanmar Police Force.
- From Georgia Facebook removed 511 Pages, 101 Facebook, and 122 Groups, and 56
Instagram accounts. Facebook investigation linked this network to Espersona, a media firm in Georgia. This
organization is now banned on Facebook permanently.
- From Georgia Facebook removed 23 Facebook, 80 Pages, 41 Groups, and 9 Instagram accounts. This domestic-focused activity originated in Georgia. Facebook investigation linked this network to individuals associated with United National Movement, a political party.
Read more about this report on https://about.fb.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/April-2020-CIB-Report.pdf
You might be interested in this article https://emeatribune.uk/facebook-filed-a-lawsuit-against-basant-gajjar-leadcloak-in-california-court/
Good Feature: Facebook Gaming App Release: Exclusive Review
Facebook Gaming App is now launched worldwide on Monday and now it will be number one and people will forget twitch and YouTube.
Facebook is a giant social networking site and the team of Facebook always working hard to give better features to its users, Facebook first introduced Live feature and now everyone today is using Facebook live to stream games and events.
Vivek Sharma Head of Gaming at Facebook has announced on social media that “We are launching the Facebook Gaming App worldwide on Android today, continuing to deepens our commitment to Gamers, Gaming Developers and Creators everywhere. It was fun to talk to the NYT about the trends in motion – check it out!”
On Monday Facebook has launched the Standalone Gaming app worldwide, which allows users to create and view live streams of games instead of the Amazon-owned Twitch platform. Available on Android devices with a separate version of iOS.
Facebook said it was particularly interested in the new app, with some 700 million users already playing these games or participating in gaming groups on its platform. It has been testing the app in some parts of the world since 2018. The renowned social network said in a statement on LinkedIn and Facebook that the Facebook gaming app is a focused, just gaming experience where you can watch your favorite streamers, instantly. Play games and participate in gaming groups. This Facebook gaming app is a neat app size package.
My Review of Facebook Gaming App:
I have personally downloaded the Gaming app from the play store I am into gaming myself so I am sure what I am reviewing.
- App size is less than 55 MB which is a decent size for a gaming app
- The UI (User Interface) is mesmerizing the theme is of Facebook Bluish and Purple.
- Once you logged in to the Gaming app you will see a few options such as language, follow streamers and four tabs Go live, Clips, Following, Follow Games and Groups.
- Facebook will suggest a few top games to follow once you do you will see future streams of that games in your app such as PUBG.
- Gaming app provides you many in-app games such as 8 ball pool, Ludo Club, Basketballs and many more and of course you can play with your friends.
- The streaming is smooth and not lagging.
- Play with your teammates.
I am satisfied and happy to use the Gaming app and very soon I am super excited to stream and I will stream PUBG and other games very soon I am looking forward to hearing your responses on my email or on Facebook & Instagram.
You maybe interested in this if you are a Facebook gaming creator
Read more Facebook Articles https://emeatribune.uk/technology/facebook/
Workplace by Facebook | What is it & Why Big Companies are Using it?
Workplace by Facebook is a leading connectivity platform, a Workplace is a Communication tool for a company and business. The...
Facebook vs Twitter, Who Made Progress in Fighting Hate Speech?
Facebook vs Twitter who made the progress in fighting Hate Speech? you will get to know in this Article of...
Breaking: Facebook Removes 100’s of QAnon Group Accounts
Facebook Removes Accounts (Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior). Facebook is known for transparency and protecting users from bad actors. Today May 5,...
You May Like
John Starr Twitter Director Left the Company after 6 years
In April 2020 John Starr Twitter Director of Trust & Safety Left the Company after 6 years of incredible work....
Instagram Reels new Feature of Instagram will make you forget TikTok
Instagram on Wednesday announced “Instagram Reels” a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram. It is...
Twitter Hack: Employees were involved? Jeff, Apple, Biden Twitter Accounts Hacked
Twitter Accounts Hacked: Complete Investigation with Evidence on Twitter Hack: After an investigation it is proved that Twitter Employees were...
Stefan Molyneux Controversial Podcaster Has Been Suspended From Twitter
Stefan Molyneux is a Canadian controversial podcaster, a white nationalist whose Twitter account has been suspended permanently for violating...
Ted Cruz Joins Parler Big Blow To Twitter And Jack Dorsey
Ted Cruz Parler Update: Ted Cruz joins Parler, Ted is an American politician, US Senator & attorney serving as the...
Katie Hopkins joined Parler after permanently suspended from Twitter
Katie Hopkins has now joined Parler as she was permanently suspended from Twitter. Read more about Katie Hopkins Parler Update...
Black Lives Matter
Amy Cooper is charged for calling Police on Black Bird Watcher
Central Park birdwatching incident: Amy Cooper is charged by the Police for filing a false report, The Incident happened in...
What is Juneteenth day? And How to Celebrate Juneteenth Day
Many of you don’t know about Juneteenth and many people ask me What is Juneteenth day? so in this short...
Rayshard Brooks was killed by an Atlanta Police officer
Killing of Rayshard Brooks: Rayshard Brooks Shooting: Rayshard Brooks was an unarmed black man 27 years old, he was sleeping...
Lakeith Smith sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder
Lakeith Smith Story: Lakeith Smith is an Alabama teen, he was sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder...
Ahmaud Arbery 25 years old African American man Killed in Georgia
Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery: Ahmaud Arbery was an unarmed 25 years old African-American man, he was killed near Brunswick in...
WORLD1 month ago
RT scoops International Emmy Awards nomination for its coverage of Moscow’s deadly 2019 Superjet crash
WORLD5 months ago
The reality of modern slavery
Entertainment7 hours ago
Ajaz Khan Pal Pal Song Released (Exclusive Review)
Twitter6 months ago
Twitter Verification Process is a Biased
Parler5 months ago
What is Parler? A Twitter Alternative? Is Parler Effective?
WORLD5 months ago
Entertainment4 days ago
Saad Hussain Pakistani Singer Released “Ya illahi”
EUROPE3 months ago
Pascal Clement former Minister of Justice passes away at the age of 75