NEW DELHI: The
on Saturday said the
project was progressing well, but the
real time frame
for its completion can be gauged within the next three to six months when the status of land acquisition will be ascertained.
He also said while 82 per cent of the land has been acquired in
land acquisition is only at 23 per cent.
Yadav said, in a linear project like the bullet train project, work can only begin when a certain amount of land is available.
“We are hoping that within the next three to six months, we will be able to get to that point. Our designs are ready and we are set to go. It is true that the tenders and land acquisition were delayed a bit due to the coronavirus pandemic, but I can say that the project is progressing well.
“As the COVID19 situation improves, we will be able to start the bidding process and within the next three to six months, we will be able to get the status of land acquired and then we will be able to provide a real timeframe for the completion of the project,” the railway board chairman said.
India, China agree to stop sending more troops to frontlines in bid to defuse LAC tensions
NEW DELHI: India and China took initial steps on Monday with the first decision to stop sending more troops to the frontlines in eastern Ladakh. This is intended to ensure a halt to the relentless build-up on the LAC, as a precursor to further steps in the disengagement exercise. That, according to sources familiar with developments, was the limited achievement of the meeting.
Halting the build-up is the first step towards disengagement, without prejudice to current positions held by both sides.
Given the trust deficit between the two sides and the fact that this was the first commanders’ meeting after almost two months, the aim of the two sides, according to high level sources, was to reopen communications and stop sending troops.
In the past few weeks, the ground situation too has changed in a way that is less disadvantageous to the Indian side. Therefore, the Indian side too is unwilling to give up its new positions. That particular discussion will only happen down the line, not immediately.
However, sources from the meeting said the discussions were reasonably positive. “The understanding is to keep the situation stable until agreement on disengagement is reached for which further rounds of talks have been proposed.”
This was not a meeting that would have achieved full agreement on disengagement. That was not the intention, according to sources. In the future rounds of talks, both sides will get an opportunity to both test their intentions and ability to follow through on their decisions, they said.
Sonia Gandhi, Rahul return from abroad after her medical check-up
NEW DELHI: Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi returned from abroad early Tuesday, sources said.
Gandhi, 73, had gone to the United States for her routine medical check up on September 12, two days ahead of the Monsoon session of Parliament. Rahul Gandhi had accompanied her during the visit.
Sources had said her medical check-up was overdue and was delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Gandhi had cleared the Congress’ organisational restructuring before leaving for the US
Maratha quota: Post SC stay, Maharashtra announces sops for community
MUMBAI: The Maharashtra government on Tuesday took several measures to give relief to the agitating Marathas, including giving community members benefits meant for EWS, in the light of the Supreme Court staying the implementation of quota in jobs and education for the community.
According to an official statement, the Maharashtra Cabinet also decided to offer jobs in Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation to heirs of those who lost lives during the Maratha quota protests.
It said action will be taken on proposals in this regard within a month of their submission.
The government’s decisions came after the Supreme Court earlier this month stayed the implementation of the 2018 Maharashtra law granting reservation to Marathas in education and jobs.
This was followed by community members staging protests on the issue in several parts of the state.
The Maratha community members will get the benefits announced by the government on Tuesday till the Supreme Court vacates the stay on quota, the statement said.
The Maharashtra government on Monday filed an application before the larger bench of Supreme Court, seeking to vacate the apex court’s stay on implementing the quota, the statement said.
“The benefits meant for economically weaker section (EWS) will be given to those from socially and economically backward category (SEBC),” the statement said.
The government said the Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulkh Shishyavrutti Yojana, a scholarship scheme earlier meant for SEBC students, will now be made applicable to EWS students too.
“The state government has approved Rs 600 crore fund for the current fiscal. Provision will be made if there is a need for additional funds,” the statement said.
Similarly, the Panjabrao Deshmukh Hostel Maintenance Allowance Scheme meant for SEBC students will be applicable to the EWS students, the statement said.
“Rs 80 crore fund has been approved for the same. More funds will be made available if need be,” it added.
The government said substantial funds and manpower will be made available to the SARTHI institute.
The Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Research Training and Human Development Institute (SARTHI) is a non-profit government company for research, policy advocacy, training etc. for socio-economic and education development of Maratha, Kunbi communities and families dependent of agriculture.
“SARTHI has demanded Rs 130 crore fund for the current financial year. Provision will be made if more funds are required,” the statement said.
The statement said financial assistance is being provided to unemployed youth through the Annasaheb Patil Financially Backward Development Corporation, and the capital for its has been increased by Rs 400 crore.
Speaking on the process of withdrawing cases against Maratha quota protesters, the state government said only 26 were pending and action on them will be taken in a month.
Speaking to reporters after the cabinet meeting, PWD Minister Ashok Chavan said the government moved the vacation application before the Supreme Court’s larger bench after holding discussions with ministers, opposition leaders, representatives of Maratha outfits and legal experts.
Urban Development Minister Eknath Shinde, who accompanied Chavan during the press conference, said, “The chief minister and the cabinet has taken a decision that there will be no shortage of funds. These decisions will give relief to the community.”
Workplace by Facebook | What is it & Why Big Companies are Using it?
Workplace by Facebook is a leading connectivity platform, a Workplace is a Communication tool for a company and business. The...
Facebook vs Twitter, Who Made Progress in Fighting Hate Speech?
Facebook vs Twitter who made the progress in fighting Hate Speech? you will get to know in this Article of...
Breaking: Facebook Removes 100’s of QAnon Group Accounts
Facebook Removes Accounts (Coordinated Inauthentic Behavior). Facebook is known for transparency and protecting users from bad actors. Today May 5,...
You May Like
Instagram Reels new Feature of Instagram will make you forget TikTok
Instagram on Wednesday announced “Instagram Reels” a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram. It is...
Twitter Hack: Employees were involved? Jeff, Apple, Biden Twitter Accounts Hacked
Twitter Accounts Hacked: Complete Investigation with Evidence on Twitter Hack: After an investigation it is proved that Twitter Employees were...
Stefan Molyneux Controversial Podcaster Has Been Suspended From Twitter
Stefan Molyneux is a Canadian controversial podcaster, a white nationalist whose Twitter account has been suspended permanently for violating...
Ted Cruz Joins Parler Big Blow To Twitter And Jack Dorsey
Ted Cruz Parler Update: Ted Cruz joins Parler, Ted is an American politician, US Senator & attorney serving as the...
Katie Hopkins joined Parler after permanently suspended from Twitter
Katie Hopkins has now joined Parler as she was permanently suspended from Twitter. Read more about Katie Hopkins Parler Update...
Instagram Policy Questions with Head of Instagram Communications APAC
This is an Exclusive Story covered by DJ Kamal Mustafa (EMEA TRIBUNE) for the viewers, Public Figures, Celebrities, and General...
Black Lives Matter
Amy Cooper is charged for calling Police on Black Bird Watcher
Central Park birdwatching incident: Amy Cooper is charged by the Police for filing a false report, The Incident happened in...
What is Juneteenth day? And How to Celebrate Juneteenth Day
Many of you don’t know about Juneteenth and many people ask me What is Juneteenth day? so in this short...
Rayshard Brooks was killed by an Atlanta Police officer
Killing of Rayshard Brooks: Rayshard Brooks Shooting: Rayshard Brooks was an unarmed black man 27 years old, he was sleeping...
Lakeith Smith sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder
Lakeith Smith Story: Lakeith Smith is an Alabama teen, he was sentenced to 65 years in prison for a murder...
Ahmaud Arbery 25 years old African American man Killed in Georgia
Shooting of Ahmaud Arbery: Ahmaud Arbery was an unarmed 25 years old African-American man, he was killed near Brunswick in...
WORLD1 month ago
RT scoops International Emmy Awards nomination for its coverage of Moscow’s deadly 2019 Superjet crash
Twitter6 months ago
Twitter Verification Process is a Biased
Parler5 months ago
What is Parler? A Twitter Alternative? Is Parler Effective?
Facebook6 months ago
Facebook Invests $100M To Help Journalists Hit By Coronavirus: Report
PAKISTAN6 months ago
Karachi electronics markets to reopen on Thursday: Rizwan Irfan
Twitter6 months ago
Twitter removes Brazilian President’s tweets
WORLD1 day ago
Microsoft buys parent company of ‘Elder Scrolls’ studio Bethesda Softworks for $7.5 BILLION
WORLD4 months ago
The reality of modern slavery