Beheaded French teacher was DOXXED online, while mosque shared parent’s complaint over ‘naked man’ caricature of Prophet Mohammed
French teacher Samuel Paty, who was brutally murdered near Paris on Friday, had his private details exposed on social media last week, after a parent complained he’d shown “naked man” cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in class.
The original complaint was reportedly lodged by the father of a 13-year-old girl who studied at the school in Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, where Paty taught history and geography. He said in a Facebook video that the teacher had, at some time earlier this month, shown the class a caricature of a “naked man,” stating it was the “Muslim prophet.”
Before displaying the offensive imagery – widely believed to be a cartoon from the notorious Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine – the teacher asked Muslims to leave the classroom, the father claimed. His daughter and another Muslim boy refused to leave, however, and then took offense with the imagery, complaining to their parents.
The girl’s father then called upon fellow Muslims to take action against the teacher and urged them to file complaints to the school to have Paty fired. While the original post did not contain Paty’s name, it had enough information to have the teacher easily identified.
Soon, social media reposts began to include Paty’s personal data, screenshots circulating online suggest.
Voilà le genre de #tweets indignés qui circulaient depuis le cours du professeur d’histoire sur la liberté d’expression et la laïcité. C’est l’enseignant qui a été décapité vers 17h devant son lycée de #Conflans. pic.twitter.com/uHG0ZYHqpr
— de Cabarrus Thierry (@tcabarrus) October 16, 2020
The drive to have the teacher fired was backed by a local mosque, which shared the video address and urged followers to contact the father of the offended girl.
The post, which apparently did not include the teacher’s private details, has been taken down by the mosque after Paty’s murder, as it released a statement to condemn the beheading.
“We strongly condemn this savagery, Islam and its teachings strongly oppose such acts,” La Grande Mosquée de Pantin wrote.
Anti-Trump mole Miles Taylor unveils President’s ‘shocking sins’… mostly farcical outbursts & PUBLIC promises to voters
By Tony Cox, a US journalist who has written or edited for Bloomberg and several major daily newspapers.
The ex-Trump staffer who revealed himself as the author of an anonymous New York Times piece has tried to frame publicly stated policies, such as removing troops from Syria, as scandalous revelations and crimes against America.
Miles Taylor, a former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employee, tweeted a list Saturday of what he called “foolish, unethical, un-American and/or illegal” directives that he witnessed from President Donald Trump during his tenure in the administration. But rather than condemning the president, the list appears to show the commander-in-chief taking steps that reflect the policies he promised to voters when he campaigned successfully for the job in 2016.
Trump told us: Bus thousands and thousands of illegal immigrants (especially those with criminal records) to Democratic sanctuary cities to create instability and strife. (2 of 25)
— Miles Taylor (@MilesTaylorUSA) October 31, 2020
For instance, Taylor cited Trump as saying “Let’s get the hell out of Afghanistan” and “Let’s get the hell out of Syria” on his list of alleged wrongdoing. Several of his other allegations had to do with deterring illegal immigration and altering policy to make immigration more advantageous to the country. For example, Taylor listed well known Trump statements on bringing more immigrants from prosperous nations and cutting off aid to Central American countries to force them to cooperate with the administration on migration policy.
Trump told us: Let’s ditch these NATO countries (despite it being the backbone of the U.S. global defense alliance). (13 of 25)
— Miles Taylor (@MilesTaylorUSA) October 31, 2020
Taylor also rehashed claims from a book that alleged absurd demands on border security, such as building a moat, using an electrified fence with spikes on top and shooting illegal immigrants in the legs to slow them down. Trump has denied those accusations. Taylor also faulted Trump for calling to “gas migrants at the border.” The president has openly defended use of tear gas to deter hundreds of migrants who rushed the border simultaneously to try to overwhelm enforcement agents.
Trump talked tough on border enforcement during the 2016 election, much to the delight of his supporters. He has made every effort to deliver on his immigration promises, which has been made more difficult by a lack of support from people in his own party and administration. Ironically, Taylor, now a CNN contributor, thought he was impugning Trump Friday when he said, “I think I can count on two hands the number of people around this president that I really think are true loyalists.”
The former DHS employee also cited an alleged request by Trump to “spy on the personal phones of White House staff to catch leakers” as one of Trump’s grave sins against America.
Taylor’s list is perhaps less revealing about Trump – offering no surprises – than the Deep State bureaucrats who have worked against the president’s agenda for the past four years. Missing is any notion that the elected president has a right to have his stated policy agenda – his mandate from voters – carried out faithfully by executive branch employees.
Trump told us: Deploy alligators & snakes in the border “mote” to attack migrants. How much would it cost to maintain that? (24 of 25)
— Miles Taylor (@MilesTaylorUSA) October 31, 2020
For example, Taylor thought it was a gotcha stab at Trump to allege that he told staffers to “stop talking about Russian election interference, and I’m going to fire those people that do. (Russian President Vladimir) Putin is our friend.”
Trump campaigned on a desire to build a more friendly relationship with Russia – a position that Washington’s unelected bureaucracy refused to accept. He also called Democrat allegations of collusion with Moscow in the 2016 election a “hoax,” and it might have been reasonable for him to expect the people in his own administration to refrain from joining what he saw as a conspiracy to oust him from office.
Taylor took issue with those policies when he wrote an anonymous New York Times op-ed in September 2018, saying that he and “like-minded colleagues” were working to “thwart” the president’s agenda. The Times said it was taking a “rare step” of publishing the op-ed without identifying the writer, whom it described falsely as a “senior official” in the Trump administration. CNN allowed Taylor to keep his job at the network despite the fact that he lied on air to host Anderson Cooper about not being the anonymous Trump critic.
“Miles Taylor was always a neocon,” Will Chamberlain, editor of Human Events, said in reaction to the supposedly damning Trump list. “He had no business being in the Trump administration.”
It’s funny that he thinks this makes him look good
— Adam Trahan (@AdamTrahan) October 31, 2020
Many other observers reacted similarly, including one who tweeted, “So getting out of wars was considered illegal by this guy.” Another said, “You mean he’s against law and order?” Author Mike Cernovich summed up the reaction of Trump supporters to Taylor’s list in one word: “And?”
Lmao he’s using the fact trump wanted out of Afghanistan and Syria to attack him. Oh no!!!
— Duke Chastaine (@DK_Chastaine) October 31, 2020
Wait until you read the last few points. I can’t tell if he’s just taking Trump’s jokes literally or making shit up.
— illusionary (@actual_illusion) October 31, 2020
Anti-Trump camp took the opposite view, thanking Taylor for coming forward,
Macron says he can ‘understand’ Muslim shock at Prophet Mohammed cartoons, but insists violence is unjustified
Embattled French president Emmanuel Macron has spoken to Qatari broadcaster Al-Jazeera to clarify his stance on cartoons of Islam’s Prophet Mohammed, saying that he doesn’t support the caricatures, but only protects freedoms.
“I can understand that people could be shocked by the caricatures, but I will never accept that violence can be justified,” Macron said in the interview.
The president reiterated that he considered it his “duty to protect our freedoms and our rights” in France.
However, Macron added that his words on the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed, which angered the Muslims around the globe so much, were misinterpreted. The assumption that he is himself a supporter of the cartoons was wrong, he insisted.
The President also pointed out that the caricatures weren’t published by the French government, but by an independent media outlet without any links to the authorities.
This independent outlet is the controversial Charlie Hebdo magazine. It first published the cartoons in France five years ago; they had originally been drawn for a Danish outlet in 2005. Back then, the move provoked a gun attack on the magazine’s headquarters in Paris, which left 12 people dead.
In late August, Charlie Hebdo decided to republish the pictures, dedicating it to the beginning of the trial of the accomplices of the 2015 gunmen, and again brought them into the spotlight.
A few weeks ago, French teacher Samuel Paty, who showed his students the Prophet Mohammed cartoons during a freedom-of-speech class, was brutally beheaded by a radicalized Chechen refugee.
Macron reacted to the crime by saying that the publication of the caricatures was in line with the French values and vowed to clampdown on Islamist extremism in the country.
The statement caused outrage among the Muslims in France and abroad, with protests in several countries, as well as boycotts of French goods and accusations against the French leader of Islamophobia.
An interview with a Muslim outlet like Al-Jazeera was needed so that Macron could “explain his vision in a peaceful manner” and cool down tensions, sources close to the president told Le Parisien.
If you like this story, share it with a friend!
China believes natural gas demand will SOAR
China’s largest natural gas supplier has predicted that demand will double over the next 15 years, giving hope to natural gas producers around the world that the industry will soon bounce back.
The Chinese economy has been the single largest contributor to global growth over the past several decades. Fossil fuel producers around the world closely watch Beijing, as the goals set by the Chinese government are usually met. With that in mind, Several recent policies have strengthened expectations of an increase in natural gas consumption. PetroChina, China’s largest natural gas supplier, has predicted that demand will double over the next 15 years to 620 bcm despite the effects of the pandemic and the rising importance of renewables. Two aspects of this prediction are remarkable. First, the timing of the publication in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic which has decimated global energy markets. Second, China’s recent announcement that it will become carbon neutral by 2060, which would suggest less, not more, fossil fuel consumption. However, several key characteristics of natural gas make it indispensable in a future where renewables dominate the energy mix.
The Chinese political system is highly centralized, meaning that the government frequently succeeds in meeting the goals it sets. Impressive economic growth, over the years, has caused significant environmental damage and pollution. Now, the Chinese population is becoming increasingly vocal in its demand for improved living conditions.
Beijing, therefore, introduced the coal-to-gas policy to transform consumption habits. The switch to cleaner natural gas is already bearing fruit in large cities where air quality has improved significantly – especially during the winter heating season.
Furthermore, China’s natural gas sector has been shaken up by reforms concerning the energy infrastructure. Companies are forced to relinquish pipelines to newly created PipeChina. According to experts, this could stimulate exploration and production activities and therefore domestic production. Also, by having an independent pipeline operator, the threshold is lowered for smaller parties to enter the market.
Technical challenges of the energy transition
President Xi’s commitment to achieving carbon neutrality by 2060 was a breakthrough for the fight against climate change as China is the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gasses. Therefore, PetroChina’s expectation that natural gas consumption will grow significantly, sounds counter-intuitive. However, when taking into account the limitations of renewables and the amount of CO2 emitted by fossil fuels, the prediction makes more sense.
First, natural gas is by far the cleanest fossil fuel. Especially for power generation, where gas competes with coal and the difference is obvious. The average weight of CO2 emitted for producing a million Btu (British thermal units) is 215 pounds for coal and ‘just’ 117 for natural gas.
China is by far the largest investor in renewables in the world. Investment is motivated not only by environmental concerns but also by economic considerations. China’s goal is to dominate the industries of the future such as renewables. Domestic installations have, therefore, skyrocketed. From a technical point of view, the intermittent nature of renewables requires an alternative to balance the grid when the sun is not shining and the wind not blowing.
The favorable characteristic of natural gas when it comes to CO2 emissions and the unfavorable characteristic of renewables concerning intermittency makes gas an important part of the energy system.
China’s fossil fuel companies have not been able to match the country’s economic growth, meaning dependency on foreign